Growing up, I often felt lost and a little
out of place. I had lived in Accra my whole life and to tell the truth, there
wasn’t a single place in the city I hadn’t been to. I knew every nook and
cranny of the capital and even though I got lost occasionally, I always found
my way back home. I just love adventure and for some reason I loved the country
side. I loved to see the mountains, the trees and the breathtaking scenery of
the numerous sites in Ghana I had visited. Still, there was a part of me that
was felt incomplete.
The Wednesday
evening before our Easter breaks from school however, I heard the news that
would eventually not only change my life, but also fill the void I had felt in
my life for so long. My mum announced that we would be going to my hometown for
the Easter interestingly I had never been there. At first, I didn’t know whether
to be excited or sad; one hand, I would miss spending Easter with my friends
here in Accra which I had been looking forward to made me sad, but thrill of visiting
a new place and meeting new people got me excited. The hours that followed were
thus filled with anxiety and anticipation.
When the day finally arrived, I called a
couple of friends and said good bye. I had packed my stuff the day before so I
quite ready to go. The rest of the family also seemed really enthusiastic too.
My little brothers had made so much noise about the trip, they kept mentioning
the name of our hometown in so many different ways, it almost felt like they
had been there before.
We boarded the bus at the station and set off to
VE-DEME. The name was virtually engraved in my mind not only because of how
much noise my little brothers had made about it, but also because of how
interesting it sounded. For some reason I knew I’d never forget it. The journey
was long and pretty tiring.
I occupied myself with browsing on my phone and
enjoying the beautiful scenery that decorated the side of the road. We stopped
by a few places just to get some food and water. I took to the opportunity to
stretch since my body had gotten stiff.
TO BE CONTINUED.....

Wow...awesome use of words bro. Always knew you would be good at this sort of thing
ReplyDeletelol....thanx luv, you inspired me to start writing in the first place...
ReplyDelete